Question Mark Perception version 2 was released in July 1999 and was a significant milestone in this assessment management system, building on the release of version 1 and adding security, reporting, multimedia and integration amongst other capabilities.
The main function of the software was to enables users to create their own tests, surveys, questionnaires, and assessments for use via the web or an intranet.
- Author questions and organize in topics
- Select questions (including at random) and put in assessments
- Control access to assessments securely, with a functional and innovative security model (see chapter 4 of the server manual for a description)
- Deliver over the web
- Support of a secure browser
- Integrate with Learning Management and other systems
- Report on the results
Evidence of its release and availability:
- Questionmark press release on Wayback Machine(July 1, 1999)
- Questionmark press release on questionmark.com (July 1, 1999)
- AICC press release on Wayback Machine(Dec 13, 1999)
- UK CAA Centre newsletter (Nov 1999)
Evidence of its functionality:
- With the permission of the copyright holder, here are some of the key manuals copied onto this site for permanence:
- Fuller archive technical information including knowledgebase and manuals is still available at https://www.questionmark.com/perception/help/v2/index.html
Feel free to post any questions on Perception version 2 and I will try to answer.
John Kleeman, May 23 2012